2014 Down Syndrome Festival & 5K
| || |
The DSACO Festival & 5K (formerly Buddy Walk) will be held on September 20, 2014 at the Bricktown Ballpark. This year we expect attendance at our walk and 5K to exceed 6,000!
The Festival & 5K is the major, annual fundraising event for the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma. All monies raised will stay in the central Oklahoma area to fund the various activities and programs supported by DSACO.
The event is open to the public. The 5K will begin at 8 a.m. and the awareness walk (one lap around the ballpark) will begin at 9:30 a.m. Gates will open and the festival fun begins at approximately 9:40 a.m. at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Activities will include raffles, moon bounces, petting zoo, games, music, and much
Who do proceeds benefit?
| ||All proceeds raised from the Festival and 5K will benefit the families the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma serves. Our mission is “to raise awareness and provide support, as well as promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome.” |
We accomplish these goals through a number of programs including, but not limited to:
• Kylee’s Kitchen (teen & self-advocate microwave-based cooking classes for independent living)
• Learning Lab & Tutoring Center
• Family and Teen/Adult Social Events
• Parent to Parent Support Groups
• New Parent Packets and Quarterly Breakfasts
• Lending Library
• Workshops with local and national speakers geared towards parents, educators and medical professionals
Why should you support DSACO?
2014 Festival & 5K Fundraising Goal
| Goal |
Current Top 10 Teams
|Olivia's Monkey Munchkins||$4,285|
|Dodge's Dream Team||$3,591|